This training is for you if...
- you want to learn how to bootstrap and design projects,
- you want to create and develop Node.js applications,
- you want to create complex and maintainable web APIs.
Topics covered during this training
- Node.js Basics
- Setting Up a Project
- API Design
- Database Design
- Best Practices
- Queues and Workers
About the Training: Node.js Fundamentals
This training is aimed at developers who want to fast-track their journey of learning Node.js by getting hands-on experience in building servers with it.
This training is also available as an in-house, on-site opportunity.
1. Node.js Basics
- Learn the basics of Node.js and when to use it.
- Async programming patterns, events and streams.
- Covering the most important Node.js modules.
2. Setting Up a Project
- How to use npm and npm scripts and how to set up a basic project.
- The role of environmental variables and how to manage them with dotenv.
3. API Design
- How to use express and how to design an API skeleton, which can be filled with logic later.
- How to fetch data from other APIs through the OpenStreetMap project.
5. Database Handling
- How to setup and connect to an SQL database or MongoDB.
- Designing our model abstractions on top of the database and connecting them with our API.
- Learn how to create and manage sessions and how to use JWT tokens.
- Unit testing and mocking with mocha, chai and sinon.
- End-to-end testing.
8. Best Practices
- Best practices - including logging, caching, application lifecycle and healthcheck.
9. Queues and Workers
- Creating a worker process
- Learn how to connect it to the API with queues.
- Learn how to create jobs and how to schedule them.
Meet our instructors
Tamas Kadlecsik is the CEO of RisingStack and an expert on Microservices, Kubernetes and cloud-native technologies. Tamas has delivered more than 20 trainings in the past 3 years, and he's also a popular author:
Peter joined RisingStack as one of the first team members 5 years ago. He has been helping companies adopt Node.js via trainings, on-line seminars and inhouse consulting sessions. Check out his blogposts:
Tamas Hodi is a key player at RisingStack in building infrastructures that can scale efficiently. When it comes to DevOps, microservices, AWS or Kubernetes he’s the one we listen to the most.